Friday, May 27, 2011

Jeremy curse

So there was once a guy named Jeremy when I was 18. When I was 20, he died in a motorbike accident.
When I was 26 I met a new Jeremy. And now when Im almost 28, he is due to go into hospital for life threatening heart surgery - only a 1% chance of death, but still 1% more than I would like. A chance that it could go wrong and instead of "simple" heart surgery, he may have to have open heart surgery. Its freaking me out. And its 2 months away - I have 2 months of worrying and pushing him away so that I get hurt less if the worst happens.....

4 comments:

Starcryer said...

I think what we learnt from the last Jeremy is that pushing him away DOESN'T make it hurt less if the worse happens. It hurt you just as much, if not more than if you hadn't pushed him away. Perhaps you should embrace a new tactic? Be really attentive to make it hurt less if the worse happens?

aurora said...

Youre supposed to say "of course he wont die you silly girl".... lol
Well then at least I'll know I got the most out of his last 2 months - you have a point :)

Starcryer said...

Yeah, I thought I did have a point. :D

I thought the "of course he wont die you silly girl" was implicit. That 1% is for if they try the procedure on someone who is already dead but they haven't noticed and then at the end of the procedure they are still dead. Jeremy, being alive, does not fall into that 1%. Unless he is a zombie. Have you noticed him gnawing on your brains when you weren't looking?

aurora said...

Oh is that what that weird feeling is??